Start Your Passive Income Journey As A Money-Making Blogger
You’ve heard the passive-income legend. But this is no folklore. You can earn steady passive income by blogging. But getting to that level is a challenge. But here’s a 4-step guide to get your profitable blog rocking and rolling.
If you’re techy enough, then you can skip the steps and jump right into it. Use Blue Host as your hosting provider. You’ll get a free domain, and unlimited support. Blue Host is also the preferred hosting provider for WordPress blogs. Sign up here, and you can start for as little as $3.95 per month. But if all that info made you scratch your head, then feel free to read below.
Step 1: Write About Your Passion
This probably isn’t what you were expecting when thinking of ways to make extra money. But this step is the bedrock for what will ultimately dictate the level of success for your blog. A common misconception is that making money by blogging is easy. Sure, you don’t have to drive to an office and get barked at by management. But it’s up to you to come up with compelling topics and content that will attract and entice users, to encourage them to read what you have to say.
And would you rather read something from someone who is well informed on a topic? Or would you rather read something by someone who slapped together an article without any references or actual information? If you don’t know the answer to this question, then spare yourself the trouble, and don’t consider blogging.
But the obvious answer is that you want to read articles from knowledgeable people. And those people, that write informative articles, spend a lot of time researching those topics, so their audience can get information. And that’s why you need to write what you’re passionate about. Because your topics and articles will be more informative, and more helpful, which will yield a greater profit.
I write about coupons, side hustles, and other money-making methods. I’m the sole provider for a household of 4 (soon to be 5), and money management, frugality, and side-hustles are always on my mind. So naturally, it comes easy for me to discuss and write about these topics. Because I do this on a day to day living.
So think long and hard about what you want to write about. Fishing? Baseball? Crochet? It doesn’t matter. Because your hobby is ultimately a niche, and there’s plenty of ways to accrue money from any informative blog, not matter how niche it is.
Step 2: Sign up With Blue Host
Blue Host is the best blogging option for these reasons:
- Free Domain – you will get a free domain name when you sign up for Blue Hosts’ hosting service. That’s a $14 savings right out of the gate.
- Free advertising coupons – you will get coupons to advertise on Google Adwords, Facebook, Bing, and many other popular websites, that can help you grow your traffic. And these coupons are only available when you sign up.
- Blue Host is the top rated hosting provider for WordPress – You want your blog to be a WordPress.org blog. Don’t use Blogger or Wix or Weebly. Sure, they’re free. But you’ll get a boost in rankings and SEO oversight when you use WordPress. And I’ll discuss the additional benefits below.
- 24/7 technical support – If you’re new to blogging, this technical support is invaluable. I’ve spent countless hours on the phone with Frank, Sally, Scott, Bill, and many members from Blue Hosts’ tech team.
- Money Back Guarantee – If you’re not satisfied, they’ll give you your money back. Now, I don’t know this for sure. Because I’ve been satisfied all the time. So I’ve never had a reason to ask for my money back. So this should help seal the deal for you risk-sensitive readers.
So You’ve heard about those free blogging services?
Well just pretend you never heard of them. Blogger, Weebly, Wix, and the infinite others can’t provide the customization and flexibility that WordPress can offer. If you really want to start raking in over $1000 per month from blogging, then you need to use WordPress.
WordPress is the biggest name in the game. And they offer thousands of plugins to help you customize your site, so that it looks and acts the way you want it to act. With the free sites, you get what you pay for.
Additionally, WordPress has been around so long, that nearly every WordPress problem has been solved in a discussion forum or YouTube tutorial. If you’re entirely new to blogging, WordPress may be a little intimidating. But that brings us to the next caveat…
Blue Host’s 24/7 Technical Support
Yes, it’s true that Blue Host is the best WordPress hosting provider. But it’s also true that Blue host offers 24/7 technical support. If you’re a nocturnal blogger like me, then 24/7 help line is invaluable. I’ve called Blue Host at every hour of the night, and they’ve been fresh and eager to help me solve my problem. I can’t compliment them enough.
So sign up with Blue Host, choose your free domain, and then follow the prompts. And when you get stuck, give their tech help a call to get your money-making website ready for action.
Step 3: Get Some Graphic Style
So you got your domain, you got your hosting, and you spoke with Blue Host’s Tech Team to get your WordPress blog ready for action. But you don’t want to just use their default theme. Because your blog should have some style and personality to reflect what your blog topic is. And this is where WordPress destroys the other blogs. Because you have thousands of themes to choose from. And one of the most popular themes is Newspaper 7.
Now, this theme isn’t free, and it may be a little advanced. But it does offer some professional perks that will help your site rank better, and perform better in Google’s search results.
But Newspaper 7 isn’t your only option. There are many free alternatives that can give you the appearance and navigation that you’re looking for, while serving the correct amount of SEO perks to rank well on Google. And, you also have to consider what it is you want to blog about. Some blog themes work better for blogs with a lot of pictures. While some blog themes work better for blogs with a lot of video.
But you might not be sure just yet. Which is fine. Because you can always change your blog’s theme, whenever you see a new one that strikes your liking.
All successful blogs have a brand or logo. And you’re no exception to this rule. And I’m pretty sure you’re no graphic designer, so you’ll need to find someone that can create you a nice, professional logo. And that’s why you’ll want to go with LogoNerds.
Here’s why you should use LogoNerds
- You can get a professional web logo or only $27
- They will design (3) different concepts for you to select
- Revisions are FREE
- And they, just like Blue Host, Guarantee your Satisfaction
After reading this, it should be obvious why you need to get LogoNerds to start your blog’s branding.
Step 4: Here’s How You Make Money
Now here’s the fun part: how do you actually make money with a blog? Well there’s many different ways. And here are some of the most popular:
- Advertisements: Yes, you’re going to sell out. As cool as you think you and your content may be, you’ll want to put ads on your site. That’s why you see advertisements on all of your favorite blogs and websites; because it pays them money. And there are a few different ways you can get advertisements:
- Google Adsense: Google Adsense will automate the ads. This makes it really easy, so you don’t need to constantly find new advertisers. And Google will pay you everytime someone clicks on your ad. This is the most popular method of earning revenue from advertising, and it’s a great place for you to start.
- Find Your Own Advertisers: your blog probably won’t be ready for this when you first start. But after you’ve been blogging for a few months, and start to gain steady traffic, you can actually solicit advertisers independently. And you can charge whatever you want. But again, you’re probably not ready for this just yet. Because advertisers will only be interested if you have a steady flow of traffic.
- Affiliate Links: If you’re going to be blogging about a specific niche, then affiliate links may be one of your better options. Basically, you can put a link to a product or service that you like. If someone clicks on that link, and then purchases something from that website, you get a cut of the sale. So if you’re going to write a blog about cars, then you’ll want to make posts about common car parts, with affiliate links to those car parts. Here are a few places to get affiliate links:
- Amazon Associates: Amazon is the most popular affiliate link provider. And it’s because they have a huge library of products that you can link to. Their payout isn’t the best, but their product line-up is. So if you’re going to blog about more household items, then this could be a great place to start.
- CJ Affiliates: CJ affiliates is one of the most reputable affiliate services around. They have some of the most popular brands and websites, so you can link to well known products and services. And they offer some of the best rates aroun.
- ClickBank: click bank is another affiliate service. Just like CJ, they offer many affiliate links to many stores and brands that everyone has heard of. They give you a nice selection, and are a great affiliate service to consider.
- There are many other affiliates. And you can do plenty of research to find them. You could even contact the company directly to see if they have an affiliate service.
- Coupons: Ok, so I feel obligated to mention this, because a lot of my monthly blog money comes from coupons. When people print the coupons from my website, I get some cash. Obviously, coupons fit the theme of my blog. So it may not be the best fit for you. All you have to do is sign up with Brand Caster, which is how Coupons.com pays you.
- Sponsored posts: This is one that usually comes a few months down the road, after your blog has gained steady traffic. But basically, when you have a devoted readership, you can actually charge other blogs to post blogs on your website. The benefit is that the other blogger gets their name in front of your audience. But again, this is probably something further down the road.
And there are other ways to make money with a blog. But for now, there are the most common methods. But it all depends on how much traffic your blog gains. And the best way to gain traffic, is to write quality posts, and share them with similar communities.